Welcome to High Commission's new website.

Birth Registration (BRN) - FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

বাংলা ভার্সন ডাউনলোড করুন (পিডিএফ ৩৯৫ KB)

Birth Registration (BRN):

1. How to apply for BRN?

Answer: A birth registration application has to be completed ONLINE. Please click on the link http://bdris.gov.bd/br/application

2. Which documents are required for BRN?


i) For Adult Bangladesh Nationals:

  1. One passport size photograph of the applicant;

  2. Certified copy of Bangladesh passport;

  3. Certified copy of birth certificate / SSC Certificate

  4. Payment receipt;

ii) For a child of Bangladeshi nationals born overseas:

  1. Parents’ digital Birth Certificate (for children born after 2001);

  2. One passport size photograph of the child;

  3. Child’s overseas birth certificate (original) OR, a photocopy of overseas birth certificate attested by a JP/GP/Police/Pharmacists;

  4. Original Bangladesh passport (valid or expired) of either of the parents along with a photocopy; OR, A photocopy of the information page of the passport of either of the parents attested by a JP/GP/Police/Pharmacists;

  5. Mobile number and email address of either of the parents.


3. Is it mandatory to have parent’s digital BRN (17 digit) for applying children BRN?

Answer: Yes

4. Is it possible to correct /amend the BRN from the Bangladesh High Commission if it was not issued from the High Commission? 

Answer: No; the application for correction should be submitted to the BRN issuing authority. 

5. How many days are required obtaining a birth certificate? 

Answer: 15 days after fulfilling all the requirements 

6. What is the fee for BRN?

Answer: i) Within 45 days of birth: Free of charge

                    ii) After 45 days of birth: A$ 2.00

                    iii) For information correction/change: A$3

7. What are the changes that could be made in the BRN certificate?

Answer: All kind of wrong information may be changed with correct information.

8. What is the process for rectification of an error?

Answer: The High Commission cannot help rectify an error. Applicants can apply for correction following the link